PM-WANI (Wi-Fi Access Network Interface) The Indian government’s Yojana programme aims to give residents access to inexpensive internet services. With more public Wi-Fi hotspots available, people will find it simpler to use the internet for business, study, and enjoyment thanks to the initiative.
The scheme’s introduction, commonly asked questions, conclusion and many more topics related to PM WANI Yojana will be covered in length in this page.
What is PM WANI YOJANA?
To be eligible to set up a Wi-Fi hotspot under the PM-WANI Yojana, an entity must be a PDOA as defined by the government. PDOAs can be individuals, small businesses, or larger organizations, and must meet the following criteria:
- Have a valid PAN card and GST registration
- Have a minimum of one year of experience in the telecom sector
- Have a minimum of one year of experience in operating internet services
- Have a minimum of one year of experience in operating Common Service Centers
- Have a minimum of one year of experience in operating Cyber Cafes
How to set up a Wi-Fi hotspots?
Under the PM-WANI Yojana, an organisation must first register with the government as a PDOA before setting up a Wi-Fi hotspot. The PDOA can set up a Wi-Fi access point at a Common Service Center once registration is complete. The PDOA must adhere to all rules and regulations established by the government, and the Wi-Fi access point must have government approval.
The PDOA will also be responsible for maintaining and operating the Wi- Fi hotspot, including icing that it’s accessible to the public and furnishing client support. The government will give fiscal backing to PDOAs to help cover the costs of setting up and operating the Wi- Fi hotspots
How to use the Wi-Fi hotspot?
To use the Wi- Fi hotspots set up under the PM- WANI Yojana, a user must first download the PM- WANI app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. The app will give a list of available Wi- Fi hotspots, and the user can elect one to connect to.
Once connected, the user will be needed to enter their mobile number to admit an OTP for authentication. The user will also be suitable to pierce the internet for a certain quantum of time, depending on the plan they’ve chosen. The user can also recharge.
Benefits of the PM-WANI Yojana
he PM-WANI Yojana has several benefits for citizens, entrepreneurs and small businesses, and the country’s economy as a whole. Some of the main benefits include:
- Increased internet access: The scheme aims to increase the number of internet users in the country, particularly in rural and under-served areas. This will enable more people to access government services, education, and employment opportunities online.
- New business opportunities: The scheme will create new business opportunities for entrepreneurs and small businesses. Setting up and operating Wi-Fi hotspots can be a profitable venture, and will also help to boost the country’s digital economy.
- Cost savings: The scheme aims to provide low-cost, high-speed internet services to citizens. This will enable more people to access the internet, even if they cannot afford it.
- Increased productivity: With improved internet access, citizens will be able to work, study, and access information more efficiently. This will increase productivity and improve the overall quality of life.
Challenges of the PM-WANI Yojana
Despite the many benefits of the PM-WANI Yojana, there are also challenges that need to be addressed. Some of the main challenges include:
- Lack of infrastructure: Setting up Wi-Fi hotspots in rural and under-served areas can be difficult, due to a lack of infrastructure and resources. This will require significant investment and planning.
- Limited awareness: Many citizens, particularly in rural areas, may not be aware of the PM-WANI Yojana and how to access the Wi-Fi hotspots. This will require extensive awareness-raising efforts.
- Cybersecurity: Ensuring the security and privacy of user data will be a major challenge, as the scheme increases the number of internet users and the amount of data being transmitted.
- Financial sustainability: The scheme requires significant investment to set up and operate, and PDOAs will need to ensure that their Wi-Fi hotspots are financially sustainable in the long term.
- How much does it cost to set up a Wi-Fi hotspot under the PM-WANI Yojana?: The government will provide financial assistance to PDOAs to help cover the costs of setting up and operating the Wi-Fi hotspots. The exact amount of assistance will depend on the location and infrastructure required for the hotspot.
- Can anyone set up a Wi-Fi hotspot under the PM-WANI Yojana?: To set up a Wi-Fi hotspot under the PM-WANI Yojana, an entity must first register as a PDOA with the government and meet the eligibility criteria.
- How can I access the Wi-Fi hotspots set up under the PM-WANI Yojana?: To access the Wi-Fi hotspots, you need to download the PM-WANI app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Once you are connected, you need to enter your mobile number to receive an OTP for authentication.
- How much does it cost to access the internet through the Wi-Fi hotspots?: The cost of accessing the internet through the Wi-Fi hotspots will depend on the plan chosen by the user. The government aims to provide low-cost, high-speed internet services to citizens.
In this article, we have discussed the whole of PM Wani Yojana. We have seen the benefits, drawbacks, and challenges faced by the scheme. Despite the many benefits of the PM-WANI Yojana, some challenges need to be addressed, such as lack of infrastructure, limited awareness, cybersecurity, and financial sustainability.
Concluding the article, PM-WANI Yojana is a promising initiative that aims to bring digital connectivity to all and enable citizens to take full advantage of the digital age.
Please share your feedback on this article in the comment section below.