Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) is such a scheme being run by the Government of India, through which the income of the people associated with the fisheries business is to be increased as well as improve their standard of living. This scheme will start on 10 September 2020.
The investment of Rs 20,050 crore under PMMSY is the highest investment in the fisheries sector. this scheme has been started for 5 years, from 2020 to 2025, from 2021 to 2022, the budget was 1000 crores. This amount will be used to improve the infrastructure, which will increase employment opportunities in this area.
- Real Also – PM Modi Yojana | PM Modi Yojana List
- Real Also – Agneepath Yojana: What Is Agneepath Yojana
- Real Also – Operation Green Yojana – PM Modi Yojana 2023
The scheme aims to bring about blue revolution in the country and increase fish production to 200 LMT by 2022-23 and to enhance export of fish and fish products to increase the share of fish in total agricultural export from 1.95% to 3% by 2024-25.
This scheme was announced by the Finance minister of India Nirmala Sithraman in the month of June of 2019.
Presenting this Yojana in the Bill of 2019-2020, while introducing this bill in the budget session she said “Fishing and fisherman Communities are closely aligned with farming and are crucial to India” which is meant as the fishing industry is really important for India’s future and it is closely aligned with the Food and milk agriculture of India.
Objective of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
The objective of this scheme is to promote aquatic organisms and products. Farmers who are fishermen, so far no such scheme was started for these people, but now the government has started a scheme named Matsya Sampada for fishermen.
In fact, the only aim of the government is to double the income of the farmers. This scheme can bring revolutionary changes in the fisheries sector in the country and the income of fish farmers can also increase.
So let’s now also know which farmers or which people will be involved in the scheme.
- fish farmer
- Fish Workers and Fish Sellers
- Fisheries Development Corporation
- In Self Help Groups (SHGs) / Joint Liability Groups (JLGs)
- fishing area
- fisheries cooperatives
- fishing union
- Entrepreneurs and Private Firms
- Fish Farmer Producer Organizations / Companies (FFPOs / Cs)
- SC/ ST/ Women/ Differently Abled Person
Benefits of Matsya Sampada Yojana
- The main benefit of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is to promote horticulture and handle the agricultural waste.
- The main advantage of the scheme is that there will be an increase in the income of fishermen and fish farmers.
- Under this scheme, fish production will improve through development, height, widening, and beneficial use of land and water.
- Ventures will get help in providing better cost and doubling their salary.
- Huge wastage of horticulture items will be reduced under this scheme.
What is the target of fish production in 2022-23 and How much budget in 2022-23?
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman referred to the blue economy in her budget speech and said that the government aims to produce 200 lakh tonnes of fish by 2022-23. The government proposes to increase fish exports to Rs 1 lakh crore by 2024-25.
On February 1, 2022, Finance Minister Sitharaman presented the country’s financial year 22-23. In this, a provision of Rs 1210 crore has been made for this scheme in the financial year 2022-23. While a provision of Rs 699.73 crore was made for this scheme in the previous budget, it was increased to Rs 1000 crore in the revised budget.
Along with this, a provision of Rs 10 crore has been made for the fisheries and aquaculture infrastructure development fund, a component of this scheme, in the financial year 2022-23. While a provision of Rs 9.50 crore was made for this scheme in the budget of the year 2021-22.
But in the revised budget it was increased to Rs 15 crore. Explain that under PM Matsya Sampada Yojana, fisheries and aquaculture development funds are kept for the benefit of fishermen in the country.
How to apply PM Matsya Sampada Yojana online?
The process of application under Matsya Sampada Yojana is as follows
- First of all you have to go to the official website of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana.
- After visiting the website, the home page will open in front of you.
- On the homepage you have to click on the apply button.
- After clicking, the application form will open in front of you.
- All the information asked in this form like name, date of birth, gender etc. will have to be entered.
- After entering the information, you have to attach all your documents.
- After attaching the documents, you have to click on the submit button
- In this way your application process will be completed
Faqs regarding this Yojana
- When did Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana start?: PMMSY(Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana) was started on 10th of September 2020.
- Who introduced PMMS Yojana?: This Yojana was introduced by that time’s’s present Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Where was PMMS Yojana introduced?: This yojana was introduced in the Union Budget session on 5th July 2019.
- Who will be involved in PMMS Yojana?: This Yojana will involve Fishermen, Fish farmers, SC ST and all other we said in this article.
- How to apply for PMMS Yojana?: You can apply for this Yojana by the way we explained in the upper paragraph of this article.
Hope that now you have got all the important information related to PM Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) through this post.
The scheme offers various benefits for fish farmers, fishermen, fish vendors, processors, exporters, and marginalized groups. To take advantage of the scheme, people should contact their state government or union territory administration for more information.
This Yojana would help thousands of fishermen with their work and make it easier for them to do. As Fishing market alone contributes more than Rs.330.41 Billion in exports to foreign countries. This scheme was required the most for the upliftment of the lifestyle of Fishermen.
Documents about PM Matsya Sampada Yojana – Dof.gov.in
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana – Wikipedia.com